FurledSails  



Notice: Undefined variable: display in /usr/www/users/noeld/furledsails/article.php3 on line 105

 Wired for the World

"The Hertz Factor A primary consideration when dealing with onboard AC power systems and equipment is the operating frequency. Every AC-powered device is clearly labeled with its rated operating voltage and frequency. In the United States, alternating current is delivered at 60 hertz, meaning that it alternates 60 times per second. But only about 20 percent of the power available in the world is delivered at 60 hertz; in the other 80 percent of the world, power is delivered at 50 hertz. "
Story

 (Submitted by Noel Wed Mar 10, 2004 )
Notice: Undefined variable: UserLevel in /usr/www/users/noeld/furledsails/article.php3 on line 137

Notice: Undefined variable: UserLevel in /usr/www/users/noeld/furledsails/article.php3 on line 138
  


Subscribe to furledsails-announce
Get links to new shows in your email
Subscribe to furledsails
Talk to other sailors

Our content can be syndicated: Main page
Notice: Undefined variable: extrarss in /usr/www/users/noeld/furledsails/article.php3 on line 240

Copyright Noel Davis. Noel also runs web sites about Unix and kayaking.
All trademarks are the property of their owners.
All articles are owned by their author