FurledSails  



Notice: Undefined variable: display in /usr/www/users/noeld/furledsails/article.php3 on line 105

 Propane's Pleasures & Perils

"At this point we realized that it had been carbon monoxide that had almost killed us, but we still thought that a propane leak had set off the alarm. Later that day, I called the Xintex Corporation for information about their fume detectors. I learned that CO alone would set off my propane alarm, but not until approximately lethal levels of CO - perhaps 3,000 ppm. So now our problem had been relabeled as a carbon monoxide problem rather than a propane leak, even though it was the Xintex propane detector that had awakened me and probably saved all of us from dying in our sleep."
Story

 (Submitted by Noel Mon Sep 20, 2004 )
Notice: Undefined variable: UserLevel in /usr/www/users/noeld/furledsails/article.php3 on line 137

Notice: Undefined variable: UserLevel in /usr/www/users/noeld/furledsails/article.php3 on line 138
  


Subscribe to furledsails-announce
Get links to new shows in your email
Subscribe to furledsails
Talk to other sailors

Our content can be syndicated: Main page
Notice: Undefined variable: extrarss in /usr/www/users/noeld/furledsails/article.php3 on line 240

Copyright Noel Davis. Noel also runs web sites about Unix and kayaking.
All trademarks are the property of their owners.
All articles are owned by their author